We know that job seeking is hard. Be prepared. Here are 10 steps you should do to maximize your chances and get what you want and deserve.
- Do some research about the organization before interview. The more you know about the company and the job you are applying for, the bigger are your chances to prepare for interview better.
- If you are nervous about the interview, prepare some speech at home.
- Take your resume, reference letters or any other documents which can help you persuade the interviewer you’re the best candidate.
- Dress up appropriate and follow the dresscode of the company. If you aren’t sure, don’t hesitate to ask.
- Never, never, never be late, this doesn’t need any other comment.
- Knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses is essential to answer interviewer questions successfully. Don’t forget to use some examples or concrete achievements from your previous job.
- Don’t lie about your experiences, education, skills or knowledges. If you get a job, company will find out that your French is poor very soon.
- Behave naturally, organisation is most likely looking for someone who is confident, eager to learn, and a good worker.
- How much is enough? Salary is still on of the main reasons why people change their job. Only mutual satisfaction here is assurance of longterm relationship.
- Say thank you to the interviewer before you leave. You can also send some thank you note via email day after interview.
Last 5 posts in Jobs and careers
- Boreout syndrom attacked offices - February 20th, 2009
- If there is no spam, working hours could be shortened up to 3 days - January 31st, 2009