Don’t be surprised, there’s no mistake in the title. Studies says, that we spend about 2 hours and 7 minutes each day in work by doing nothing.
And absence of working tasks can be more stressful than too many tasks to do. Some people may suffer from new diseas these days. Swiss consultants Peter R. Werder and Philippe Rothlin give name to this new dissease - boreout syndrom. More… My friend is working as an assistent in marketing department of a big international company. According to her experience:”Commonly, I have all my work done within a few hours. At first, I’kept asking my boss if there is anything else, I’can help with, but it was quite awkward after a while. My co-workers looked up on me as I was a bootlicker, and I also felt that I was disturbing my boss. So I started to pretend that I’m working, read newspapers secretly, arranged my personal issues, or I just simple stared from the window. For example, I was picking out my vacation for few days on the internet and nobody noticed, nobody cares”, she says.But even that situation sounds very pleasing for somebody, it started to be a night mare for her. I started to feel unused, redundant, I was bored and tired, and I was also scared that somebody might someday find out, and I’ll be fired. Her experience is not any extraordinary. According to results of several studies, these situation knows about 15 percent of all employees in USA. They suffer from exhaustion and depresion, but main reason is suprisingly lack of work. Are you just temporarily bored or do you have a boreout syndrom? If you are not sure, here are some questions to answer. The more you answer YES, the more is posssible that you might suffer form boreout syndrom.
- Do you arrange your personal issues in the work?
- Do you feel undervalued?
- Are you pretending working sometimes?
- Do you feel, that your job is useless or boring?
- Are you better and faster in worker than your co-workers?
- Are you exhausted and depresed at the end of working day?
- Do you feel unhappy in work?
- Are you affraid of changing job?
Last 5 posts in Jobs and careers
- Job-seeker's Top Ten Commandments - January 31st, 2009
- If there is no spam, working hours could be shortened up to 3 days - January 31st, 2009